Top 5 Tips for Choosing the Best Moving Company and Avoiding Scams
If you have decided to move to another location, then you have to make one out of two choices: the first one is to do the packing and moving yourself, and the second one is to hire a professional moving company to do the moving for you. There is no denying that there are a number of professional moving companies like www.smallmovinginc.com that you can choose from. However, because of the increasing number of them, you have to also know that there is an increasing number of fake ones out there. So that you are guaranteed to only be getting the services of a legitimate moving company, here are some tips that can help you out in your search for one.
1. Do not be tempted by getting the services of a moving company such as https://www.smallmovinginc.com/ that offers very low prices, especially if the estimate has only been given on the internet or over the phone.
2. Legitimate moving companies base their fees on the weight of your belongings that must be moved. The amount of space that your belongings will take up in their moving truck is not essential. Never put your trust on a moving company that tells you the opposite of those just mentioned.
3. A legitimate moving company is one that will visit your home for them to take a look at all of your belongings that must be moved. They will be checking out the quality of each of your belongings and will also check the number of them that needs packing up. The estimate of the price that you will have to pay them largely depends on this particular visit they are making. If a moving company tells you that they do not need to visit your home and will not do any checking of your belongings, then this is not a company that is worthy of your money.
4. If you are required to pay a huge amount of deposit or a lot of cash for their services, then that moving company is surely not a legitimate one.
5. It is one of the responsibilities of every legitimate moving company to provide their clients with a copy of their rights and responsibilities when moving. Local government is requiring every moving company to provide their clients with this kind of information. If the moving company that you have chosen will not be giving you a copy of this, then there are greater chances that they are just a scam. Never hire this moving company; move on, and find another one that can do so instead.
For other related details, you could also visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcynF5fHh6Q.